You brighten my day..

Friday, June 7, 2013

How I love thee in summer..

The sun is out finally. It had begun to feel that winter would never end. I had given up hope and was honestly thinking that I would see sunshine only in my home country on return. 
There's a spring to ones step and warmth all around when the skies are blue and the sun shines gloriously. I had missed pulling up the shutters to amazing sunrises. So when we woke up to one on Monday, I knew that it's gonna be a great week.









Last evening, I took a break from the routine of sorting and packing up boxes and walked around the Stadt. Truly, this is the best time of year. The window boxes filled with summer flowers, everybody in bright summer clothes walking around with a cone in hand. And some others relaxing in outdoor cafes with either a beer or fruit punches. 
I have to admit, Lohr am Main, how much I love thee in sommer!!

P.S: Thanks to all of you who left your comments on the previous post. The water levels are receding quickly and am hoping and praying that the banks of the Main dry up soon so that I can spend the remainder of our days in my favourite spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...