You brighten my day..

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!!

2013 is finally here. With it our countdown comes to exactly six months. 
Six months to head back to our country, but to a new city.
With it comes a big change, adjustments, compromises, hardships and all the good and bad that comes along with a relocation.
Till then, we are determined to continue making the best of our time in Germany and keeping both our fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with the move...:D

New Year's eve was good time spent with family surrounded by the warmth of christmas lights, dinner prepared by both hubby and me, coupled with a movie and good old german beer. Towards midnight our street turned into a riot of noise and colour. Bursting of fireworks in Germany is allowed only on New Year's eve called Silvester. The spring like weather saw every family out on the street bringing colour into the night as we welcomed the New Year.


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, May! I have so enjoyed your time in Germany and have shared many of your photos with my mom (86) who was born there...BUT, I am excited to see what you will be sharing with us when you move back home. I know very little about India. Our pastor was passionate about his visits there. I'm looking forward to learning something new through your blogging...your photos and writings are a beautiful way for me to learn about a place I might never see with my own eyes. Have a great start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year,May! I look forward to the next 6 months of your journey in Lohr aswell as the new one that awaits you :) it's going to be a great year for you and your family..I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Next six months will go fast. It's hard not moving home....I was excited to be back in USA but it's still a struggle because it's not home. I really miss Germany and Europe and the cultures. I understand your concerns and I just know you will love being back by family and all the things you missed. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...