You brighten my day..

Monday, September 17, 2012

A good start..

So today was my first day home alone.
With the start to the new academic year, the kids will be away all day long.
Yes, you heard me right, all day long.
I had been mentally preparing for this big change since quite a few months.
Back home, the moment my younger one began schooling(which was at the age of 3), I took up a full time job. Honestly, I didn't know what it was to be home alone for a long period.
My worry was not about killing time, it was more of overcoming loneliness.
I also figured that I may never get this opportunity again.


Today just flew by. I spruced up a few corners at home, caught up with friends both over the phone and online, baked a cake, tried a new recipe for dinner. Towards evening I was waiting for my lovelies.
I never thought I'd enjoy time alone, but I did. 




4 comments:

  1. Home alone??? How sweet it sounds - the things I would hope to do! Although, I bet I would blow it and waste time running around in circle not knowing what to do with myself.

    It sounds like you had a great day! :) So happy your back!

    xoxo, lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like time when one really could get things done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you may have some lovely new routines, fresh creative options which take a little more time. Quite exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-). Enjoy your time alone while it lasts. Sure when you start something later you will long for a time alone :-).

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...