You brighten my day..

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lavender, from the plant to a pouch.

Today, I decided to cut the dried stalks of lavender from the garden. I wanted to make a little bag of the dry flowers.


Ms A came to my rescue. She had just the pouch which she had made in her art class. A pretty pouch with purple polka dots, PERFECT!!!
We trimmed the stalks together and dropped the flowers in.


Once done, I added a personal touch. 
I drew some purple lavender flowers and LOVED how it looked.


There are some more flowers blooming. I hope they are enough to make a second pouch.


For now, this one hangs just above my bed with the heady scent of lavender wafting through the room.

9 comments:

  1. Your blog is always worth the click to come over even just for the header photo.


    Love the lavender bag idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I do love lavender so much - I can feel the smell to here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and the smell of lavender so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photoa May! just beautiful. I can literally smell the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter lives in the south of France in "lavender country" and I could buy beautiful lavender soaps, perfume, etc. It´s wonderful to see the lavender fields!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that's amazing! I have a lavender plant in the balcony, if I have enough I might try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that's amazing! I have a lavender plant in the balcony, if I have enough I might try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish i have one lavender plant in my balcony tooo🥰

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...