You brighten my day..

Monday, April 16, 2012

Tidbits from the Netherlands.

Spring break's over, the kids are back in school. After recovering from the holiday hangover I must say I too am back. It's funny how after a holiday I find it pretty hard to get my groove back. 

We spent 4 lovely days in beautiful Netherlands.Being an avid follower of Sonya's blog for the past 2 years, an American expat living in the Netherlands I pretty much knew what to expect. But then, we fell in love, my daughter and I. It is a beautiful county, flat with meadows filled with cows, horses or sheep and with an occasional windmill, a sight to behold. And not to forget the canals with such small houses(I remembered you a lot here Sonya) yet so very pretty. It's a different world out there. 


Once we crossed the border we could not figure out what were the speed limits and where the road signs were. It took a pretty long time for hubby to figure out...:D Can you notice the speed limit? 

The modern architecture was something else altogether. Husband loved the neatness and the quirky designs of the buildings .


The country side is amazing. Truly!! Meadows sandwiched between canals and dotted with Dutch houses. And then there are these biking trails running the entire length of the canals. The Dutch bike very fast. They must have been pretty annoyed to spot us in the middle of the path breaking their rythmn!!

Will get back with what we did in this beautiful country in the next posts.

9 comments:

  1. I love that pretty house! Those signs sure are in the wrong place, I have traveled through the Netherlands but cant´t remember have seen the signs that low, it was a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I'm so glad you had such a wonderful visit here :) The bike paths are like nothing I have seen anywhere else. I can go more placs by bike than I can by car. It's an amaing system they have here for sure.

    I do love the canals here and the way the homes look..living in them is another story but they are very quaint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous! Love all the green and the pretty brick home (duplex?). Can't wait to hear more about your adventure. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s so nice - I´ve been wanting to go there too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Netherlands look just like I had pictured in my mind...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit the Netherlands...thanks for letting us travel with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with the Netherlands too.....I was so excited that maybe you met up with Sonya! I hope to make it back there someday....such beauty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We fell in love with it too! We travelled there by rail...it was amazing

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...