You brighten my day..

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hanging hearts..

Last month, we had this hazelnut branch gifted to us by good friends. Many german homes have this branch hanging from their ceilings and decorated with lovely figurines. The decorater that I am, I too wanted one for our home. That's when the Huber family gifted me just the branch I wanted...:-)

So last evening, daughter and I got busy shaping hearts....I wanted to use the color golden and red(keeping valentines day in mind), she wanted a burst of colors. We ended up choosing the latter. By the time we were done with a dozen we were tired...:D Looks like the branch needs more, will save the hearts for another evening..:-)

7 comments:

  1. It looks delightful May. The hazelnut branch is very squiggly and attractive to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO pretty! Even with the current number of hearts you have on, it's already very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at this - sooo pretty! :-)

    Have a really nice Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Is it on the ceiling near a light? I'm going to try to make one with my girls. Thanks May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa, it is on a ceiling in between two lights. Your girls will love making this.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous may. What is the significance of a hazelnut branch iam wondering! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's no significance Jyo!! Just that it looks very very pretty sans leaves, all wriggly and nice!!!

      Delete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...