You brighten my day..

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday's in my City

The kids and I were home for a week'a autumn vacation. Generally, I look forward to the school reopening, but not this time. For those who do not know, I have been attending full time classes for the past 6 months in an attempt to learn the Deutsch language. So, this means I too need to drag myself back to school tomorrow......:( 
If you do drop my home tomorrow morning, I will be like a little kiddo repeatedly muttering to myself..." I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go". And then hubby dear tries to make me feel better by saying.."You have come this far. Another month to go and then you are done!!" My man sure knows how to slowly encourage and motivate me to learn something new.

So much for my lessons. Coming back to what we did. Kids and museums, this combination can never go wrong during a holiday. I must admit that Germany does have many impressive museums. The museum of Natural History in Coburg was one where we accidentally stumbled into. A visit to the fortress coupled with an autumn walk was the plan when the museum came into view on our path. And then to pleads of "bitte, bitte" which means "please, please" we had to give in. I am glad we did. 


As much as I am not waiting for winter, it's funny how the wild boars in the fake snow excited me....:D Really..lol!!!



To me, they all looked real, just like in the zoo. Only difference being these were up close!!
I love bears!! They remind me so much of Brother Bear..

Check out the otter with a fish underneath his paw watching out to see who is eyeing his meal. Impressive??

This lioness was a beauty. I also began to wonder whether these animals at some point were real?? What do you think? 


Unknown Mami

9 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun and interesting museum to visit! I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the animals were taxidermied - they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You´ll shine like a star in class! :-)

    I love museums, I get giddy like a little child when I get to visit one..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I am so proud of you..I really really am..I will be blogging about the same thing when I head into Dutch classes..lol but just think..after all of this we will have a secret language that not everyone else will understand..lol

    When you go home and get mad over something and dont want your other fmaily members to know..switch over to german..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love museums.. and that sheep's ears :D I think all animals were real.. at some point..

    ReplyDelete
  6. One month to go...yay! I light at the end of the tunnel...I wish I had done that when there it would have made my life so much easier and more enjoyable understanding what was around me and being said. Awesome museum....Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow... my girls would have a blast here!
    tnx for sharing!

    Cinella @ TMB
    http://cjrthemamiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They must have been real. The lion is so beautiful and I think is my favorite!

    I say the same thing every Monday... :) Your husband is so good to encourage you. How did school go today? Ours went well. Mondays are always hard.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...