You brighten my day..

Friday, December 3, 2010

Hobby class and more Advent ideas....

I have completed my hobby classes(Tiffany course). I enjoyed every minute of it. After the first session, I honestly thought I would not be able make beautiful stained glass art. I must say, over time I have gotten confident and with practice I should get better. 


The above is a t-light holder. For now, I do not intend to light t-light's in it. Found this idea in Good Housekeeping. Place pinecones in t-light holders to make miniature trees and line them on a runner on your dining table. Since my table is way too small, I have placed a single pine cone tree on my centre table.


The angel below was made during the last session and as you can see, there is a definite improvement in my work. I hung it on my pine branches which run around the house. The sun reflects through it and she looks pretty indeed. I keep going back to her, to admire her :D


I love the season of Advent. Keeps me occupied and gives me reason enough to try something new. The Adventkranz below can be made easily at home. You can decide on what kind of base you like, round or rectangular. I purchased a rectangular metal base( I think wood or glass plates should work well too). Place 4 candles in whatever fashion you like. Scatter around pine leaves, cinnamon sticks, dried orange, pinecones and some glitter. Gold and red ribbons too give a festive look.



 Now back to my window sills. The one below, is the window outside our apartment. I made these candle holders with bottles to give the christmasy glow at night.



Linking this post with good friend Sharon's Christmas Carnival

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! All your decorations looks stunning! Love your background picture with the snow. Have you visited the Christmas Markets this year yet....miss them! Have a Gluhwein for me okay! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be so proud of yourself!! WoW those are beautiful! I wish I could find a class like that around here. I would love to learn aswell.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. May, this is awesome stuff! Thank you for being a part of the Dec Carnival..

    Are you open to doing a tutorial on The Keybunch? We would love to see such creative and beautiful stuff on the blog!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... The angel luls soo beautiful... Luv the table decor with those red candles..and the greens... !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tealight/pinecone holder. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...