You brighten my day..

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday's in my City

We are back from holidaying in the Czech Republic!! The highlight of our trip was a 15 km hike at the Bohemian Switzerland National Park at Hrensko, close to the Czech German border. This park is the youngest National Park in the Czech Republic.

Deep in the park is PRAVCICKA BRANA, the largest natural stone bridge in the continent and a natural monument of the Czech Republic. Inseperable from Pravcicika Brana is the holiday chateau(pictured below) known as the Falcon's Nest. It was built in 1881 and served as a tavern. Today, it contains a preserved period restaurant.

This is the Grand Canyon of Europe. We climbed way upto the top and I must say, my heart was in my mouth. Husband and the children enjoyed every bit of it, just like an adventure.
Wouldn't you be petrified too at such a height??????

We continue our hike admiring the flora and fauna, taking in sights and songs of birds. This was an amazing experience for us. The last leg of it takes us through the Gorges at Hrensko alongside Kamenice river, a landscape which had started to develop many millions of years ago at the bottom of the sea.We walked beneath rock ledges, several tunnels and narrow footbridges, surrounded on both sides by a wall of high rocks.

I felt I was in paradise, lost to the world!!! We completed the hike in 7 hours, and at the end we were a very proud family!!! I hope you enjoyed hiking along with me!! Do not forget to have a look at Sunday's in my city of fellow bloggers too!!! Visit Unknown Mami to see more!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks amazing. I would love to visit. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These pics are gorgeous! That natural bridge is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang!!! those are some seriously beautiful photos!!! I'd never want to leave:) Im so glad you had fun. I was starting to wonder what happend to you..now I know! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. This park is GORGEOUS! You did a wonderful job with the pictures. So pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. High Fives!!!! What a long and amazing hike! You have wonderful pictures to remember it by. So glad you shared them with is.

    Happy weekend,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if that's not paradise, I don't know what is. It is stunning in photos, I can only imagine how wonderful it was in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. WOW! That is amazing, your photos are GORGEOUS!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...