You brighten my day..

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More on Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

I had written a post on my day trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber here. After that post, I realised I missed out on something which I should definitely share. If you ever, ever go to this romantic town do visit this souvenier shop, where they make customized welcome plates to be hung on your door!!! Take a look....

The D'souza family Welcomes you!!!!



The inscription is done then and there by this quite an old man who has great talent. He used a kind of soldering machine from which fire came out to write on this piece of wood. The painting is done before and kept ready. You have different sizes, shapes of wood and paintings to choose from. The larger the piece of wood, the more expensive it is. I was mesmerized by his art, so we asked what was it that he was using, he was reluctant to let us know...:( The above plate cost us 23 euros. The address of this souvenir shop is as follows :- Obere Schmiedgasse 17, 91541 Rothenburg o.d.T. You can place orders by telephone too. The numbers are as follows : 0 9861/3137. 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE stuff like this! I went to a german christmas market and had one of those made for my kitchen..It has a smiling frog on it and says Sonya's Kitchen I want to go back and get more. I just love yours..so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please translate euros to dollars? I'm a dumb American.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! So many new things to see and learn!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...