You brighten my day..

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Fragments


Wooopppiieee!!!! Yes, that's me squealing with delight!!! Having admired my fellow bloggers for the lovely blogs they had created, I too wanted to beautify my space. I just couldn't figure out how to go about and woopiee.......I succeeded last night!!! Boy am I delighted, so also with me, my kids, who couldn't contain their excitement on seeing the new look on Mama's blog!! For those wanting to change or add a new background to their blogs, head over to Hot Bliggity Blog. They have wonderful patterns and also explain in detail, how to go about. If you have any doubts, I would be more than willing to help!!!!

Thank God its Friday!!!! The week's coming to an end and do I wait for the weekend??? You bet!! A hectic week it has been.. The kids were back to school after Easter break. The house was too quiet and I missed them. We did have a nice break with easter egg painting, bunny making, short trips around Lohr, and the best part of all.....no alarms ringing, begging us to wake up. That is what I like about holidays, no routine. 

               That also reminds me, I love to sleep. Not any time during the day, no no. I hate getting up early. I would give anything just to sleep a wee bit longer. That is why, I make the best use of holidays. So it was with horror I overheard my son telling his father that HE would train me to wake up early...My Husband shook his head in disbelief, telling that he had tried and given up and proceeded to wish my son Good Luck!!That night, there I was, a desperate mommy explaining to her son that she feels charged with a bit of extra sleep(lol!!!!). With an impish smile on his face, he listened and agreed to me sleeping  longer. Whew!! Aren't our kids, a little too much for us????

There was a time when my face was always in a book!! And now, they lie in my shelf, waiting to be read!!!! I have decided, no matter what, that I read a little before retiring to bed. Most of the time, there are thoughts, phrases or simply stories that strike a chord in my heart. I thought it fitting to share what struck me best this week.....Oprah's ways to live your best life!!!

  • What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
  • You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
  • Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
It is true!! being a mother is the hardest and the most fulfilling job on earth!!!! I declared it, what about you???
Thank You Mrs 4444 for hosting Friday fragments


7 comments:

  1. Your blog looks wonderful:) I am a total morning person..during the week I need to get up at 7:30 and on weekends it's rare if I go longer than 9..but then I need to jump up and get everything done. I always feel like I have missed out something by sleeping in..lol

    Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great! Well done :-)

    My kids learned long ago not to be the one to wake me up in the morning. I'm not human till I've showered and had a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sonya and mimbles!!! I am loving the look of my blog!! :-)
    @Sonya : That is what my husband tells me too...That we miss out on something if we wake up late...My week begins at 6:30, it is during weekends that i tend to sleep in till 9:30...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great! And I'll tell you what those kids are sure hard work, sorry you your family close to give you an occasional break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya. I see so many bloggers with an awesome look. I have no clue on how to beautify mine...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I declare it too!

    Your blog looks lovely, congratulations! Isn't it fun and exciting to learn how to beautify and improve our blogs? I get so excited when I learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started homeschooling this year, so we have no alarms, no schedules....I love it, even though I still get up at 6:00 a.m. or so....

    But it's because I want to...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...